Are you looking for your computer’s configuration parameters? This tutorial will show you one way to check your computer’s hardware configuration on Windows.
On Windows 10, viewing the computer configuration and device specs comes in handy in many cases. For example, when you want to install a piece of software, but you don’t know if it’s compatible or not. If you notice performance issues and you need to find out if your hardware needs an upgrade, then you need to check your computer’s configuration right away.
How to view the computer configuration
In this Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to check the complete list of hardware configuration parameters on your computer.
How to check the configuration on Windows
It is effortless: go to the search icon to find “dxdiag” and then open it or press Windows + R. It will bring up a Run window; you need to enter dxdiag and click OK. It will open the Directx Diagnostic tool.
For desktop computers
- System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. this is the manufacturer of its computer motherboards, Gigabyte.
- System Model: B460MAORUSPRO – This is the motherboard name that I am using is B460m Aorus pro of gigabyte, generation 10.
- BIOS: F3 – The BIOS version I am using is F3.
- Processor: this is the processor I am using is i5 10400
- Memory: This is information showing RAM’s amount, and I am using 16GB of RAM.
Switch to the Display tab.
Looking at the picture, you can also see that I am using a discrete NVIDIA GTX 1050 card, right? The version I am using has 2GB RAM. Windows share ram for an additional 8GB card, so 10GB. Screen resolution of full HD 1920 x 1080, the display company is BenQ the screen code is GW2270 and does not support HDR.
How to view Laptop computer configuration
Laptop, you do the same. For Windows 10, there is a search section. You find “dxdiag” or press Windows + R and enter “dxdiag” in the run section, and then click Ok. It will automatically open the Directx Diagnostic Tool, Windows 7, then press Windows + R, and you do the same.
Same as above
- System Manufacturer is its manufacturer, showing that Hewlett-Packard is under HP.
- System Model is the name of the HP laptop I am using. Here is the HP Pavilion G6, which is a notebook PC.
- BIOS: F.27 is the BIOS version in use in the device.
- Processor: là bộ vi xử lý mình đang sử dụng i5 3230M.
- Memory: My RAM is 4GB
Switch to Display
My laptop is using on HD Graphics 4000 card, the Vram capacity of the card is 32MB, the system share ram is 1760MB, and the total is 1792 MB of ram for the onboard.
The screen has 1366 x 768 resolution and does not support HDR.